- Difference between ESDoc and JSDoc
- Supported Environment
- Import Path In Documentation
- Who's Using ESDoc
ESDoc has two goals.
- To make documentation maintenance comfortable and pleasant
- To create easy-to-understand documentation.
In order to achieve this two goals, ESDoc produces a practical document, measures the coverage, integrates the test code and more.
Difference between ESDoc and JSDoc
- supports ES2015 and later
- targets at ES2015
- easy to use with fewer tags, because understand information from ES syntax.
- generates detailed document
- measures document coverage
- integrates test codes
- integrates manual
- supports ES3/ES5 and ES2015
- targets Class-base OOP and Prototype-base OOP
- has many flexible document tags
ESDoc supports Node.js(v6 or later)
Import Path In Documentation
ESDoc displays the import path of class/function into the document.
However, the import path may be different from real import path because usually ES modules is transpiled to use it.
So, ESDoc Import Path Plugin converts import path to real import path.
Who's Using ESDoc
- Sketch API